Sausage Cannellini Bean Soup
- 1 lb. New York Style Sausage (favorite type)
- 3 16 oz cans Cannellini Beans with Juice
- 1 Medium Onion (chopped small)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (chopped fine or crushed)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Cooked Small Shell Pasta
- 1 cup Shredded Cabbage (optional)
- Fresh Ground Pepper (to taste)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (for the topping)
In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
Sauté garlic and onions until translucent.
Remove sausage from casing and add to your onions, cook until lightly brown.
Add cannellini beans, broth and shredded cabbage, bring to a high boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add the cooked pasta to the soup.
Heat an additional 5 minutes, sprinkle with grated parmesan and serve. Serves 6-8.